By submitting this form, I give OurChurch.Com permission to send me communication by email.
November is one of my favorite months of the year because it contains my favorite holiday of the year: Thanksgiving.
Sure, part of it is because I love turkey, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, time with family and cool fall weather. But even more than that is the focus on gratitude.
I believe there is no attitude that can change a person’s life more than gratitude.
- Ungrateful people are grumpy, while grateful people are happy.
- Ungrateful people are stingy, while grateful people are generous.
- Ungrateful people blame others, while grateful people share compliments.
- Ungrateful people are prideful, while grateful people are humble.
- Ungrateful people are unaware of God’s great love for them, while grateful people respond to God’s love by worshiping him and following him whole-heartedly
Unfortunately, most of us (myself included) have a tendency to take things, people and God for granted. Or we have moments where we feel grateful but neglect to express it to others because we’re so busy or we forget. But as Robert Brault once wrote…
There is no such thing as gratitude unexpressed. If it is unexpressed, it is plain, old-fashioned ingratitude. -Robert Brault
So this month, our theme here at OurChurch.Com is Thanksgiving Month.
Our goal is to provide resources, guidance and encouragement so you can better thank your staff, volunteers, supporters, and God during this Thanksgiving season. And we want to help you raise the value of gratitude among those in your church, school, nonprofit or business.
You can start by completing this month’s survey.
Throughout the month we’ll be publishing articles, sharing resources, and adding links below:
- 25 Thanksgiving Quotes to Inspire Gratitude
- 7 Ways to Express Gratitude Online
- 7 Ways to Prepare Your Website for Thanksgiving
- 12 Funny and Inspiring Thanksgiving Videos
- A Great Way to Express Gratitude and Build Community
- Here is a simple way to show gratitude to your staff
- 3 Ways Gratitude is Good for SEO
- Thank You and Happy Thanksgiving
Please post a comment and tell us what you think about gratitude:
- What do you think is the greatest barrier in your life to expressing gratitude?
- What things will you be doing this month or ideas you can share with others to express gratitude to others or raise the value of gratitude?