By submitting this form, I give OurChurch.Com permission to send me communication by email.
Christmas is the time of year non-Christians are most likely to go to church service or event.
Usually this is true, but this year has been anything but usual. This year, it’s going to be more challenging than ever to reach out to people due to the Coronavirus pandemic. At a time when people are still wary of gathering in groups – especially with people they don’t know – it’s important to focus on online outreach.
What are you doing to reach out online to people in your community this Christmas?
Seriously, we are all better when we collaborate. Post a comment below so we can learn from each other and borrow each others best ideas! We’ll get the ball rolling by posting…
5 Online Christmas Church Outreach Ideas
- Post images with a Christmas quote or bible verse to your church’s social media accounts each day. Encourage church members to like, comment and share it.
- Post advent devotionals to your church’s blog or Facebook page each day. Encourage members like, comment and share it.
- Create a Facebook event for your Christmas Eve service or other Christmas events
- Run Facebook ads for your Christmas Eve service or other Christmas events
- Do something remarkable – distribute overflowing Christmas stockings to low-income families in your area, send Christmas gifts to kids in Puerto Rico, do a free Christmas concert in the park, anything. Email the local press and share info and pics. The idea is for non-Christians who see and hear about it to say, “I’m still wary of churches, but wow – if I did go to a church I would want it to be with those people!
BONUS: Make sure people can find your church online. This includes creating, claiming and optimizing your Google My Business listing (click for more details) and getting your church to appear in the results when people search for “Christmas Eve service near me” (more on that here). If you’d like the help of an experienced pro, check out our church SEO services.
Christmas is… a chance for us to connect with people who don’t normally go to church… Make your best stuff. Take some chances. This is your moment. -Stephen Brewster
Please post a comment and share what your church is doing to reach out this Christmas online.