By submitting this form, I give OurChurch.Com permission to send me communication by email.
In this post we continue our What is SEO? blog series in which we’re explaining all the aspects of SEO, so that when you’re comparing SEO services (or doing your own SEO) you can make an informed decision about what you want your SEO service to include.
What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is any marketing that involves the creation and sharing of media and publishing content in order to acquire and retain customers.
Content is a very broad term and can include blog posts, news articles, email, podcasts, video, photographs, quote images, infographics, and other media.
Content marketing is much more than just a method for improving search rankings. It can be used for branding, to educate, to position oneself as an authority in one’s field and more. But it does also improve search rankings.
5 Ways Content Marketing Improves Search Engine Rankings
- The content itself can be optimized to rank well for targeted keywords
- The content can include links to existing pages on the website and those links can improve the search rankings for those pages.
- If the content is good, people will link to it. Those links help to improve search rankings.
- If the content is good, people will share it on social media. Social media is another factor in search rankings.
- There are a lot of media-specific websites that will index or link to specific types of content. For example, news articles may be linked to by other news sites and videos will get indexed and linked to in video search engines. There are sites that list podcasts, sermons, infographics and how-to videos as well.
Every company that provides content marketing does it differently. Some of the things to find out before deciding who you hire to provide content marketing (or how you’re going to do your own content marketing)
- What type of content is going to be created?
- Who is going to create it?
- How often will new content be published?
- Where will it be shared (what sites or social networks)?
- Ask to see examples of content they’ve created, so you can evaluate its quality. (Some content marketers outsource content creation to foreign workers, and so it’s not unusual to see content with poor grammar or articles written by people who have no familiarity with the subject matter)
At OurChurch.Com, we believe content marketing is one of the most effective ways to improve search rankings, so it is a key component of our Progressive SEO Management services.
- What are your thoughts on content marketing as an SEO strategy?
- What if any content are you creating on a regular basis and what affect has it had on your search rankings?