By submitting this form, I give OurChurch.Com permission to send me communication by email.
May is Digital Outreach Month. What could be better than spending the month of May reading and discussing the book @StickyJesus: how to live out your faith online?
Social media tools like Facebook, Twitter, and blogs provide unprecedented opportunities to develop relationships, engage with others, and share ideas. This includes unprecedented opportunities to engage others in spiritual conversations.
@StickyJesus provides inspiration, insight and guidance to help those already online better live out their faith online, as well as to help who are sharing their faith and building the Kingdom of God offline to effectively expand their influence for God through the power of social networking.
A lot can be learned by reading @StickyJesus, but we can learn even more but discussing it and challenging each other to apply its principles. That’s what we’re going to do here. Here’s the schedule:
|Wed 5/4||1||Wanda Simpson||@wls1961|
|Fri 5/6||2||Crystal Rowe||@SoulMunchies|
|Mon 5/9||3||Seiji Yamashita||@justapen|
|Wed 5/11||4||Sandra Heska King||@SandraHeskaKing|
|Fri 5/13||5||Bruce Crews||@brucecrews|
|Mon 5/16||6||Sarah Holbrook||@sarahfholbrook|
|Wed 5/18||7||Dan King||@bibledude|
|Fri 5/20||8||Jennifer Armitage||@OutreachGeek|
|Mon 5/23||9||Amber Hill Anyanwu||@msamberuh|
|Wed 5/25||10||Lisa Beets||@2krazybeautiful|
|Fri 5/27||11||Brandon Smith||@mynameisbrandon|
|Mon 5/30||12||Rob Ross||@oikosministries|
|Wed 6/1||13||Paul Steinbrueck||@PaulSteinbrueck|
|Fri 6/3||14||Christie Weatherby||@mizweatherby|
|Mon 6/6||15||Kawanzaa S. King||@Kawanzaa_|
|Wed 6/8||Wrap||Paul Steinbrueck||@PaulSteinbrueck|
Big thanks to the 15 bloggers who have stepped up to blog about and lead the discussion for a chapter!
While the opportunity to guest blog and lead discussion was limited to 15 people, anyone can participate in this group blog project in several other ways.
- Get a copy of @StickyJesus, read along with us.
- Join the discussion on each chapter by reading and posting comments.
- Blog about what you’re learning on your own blog (post a comment here with a link to your blog post, so others can read/comment on it)
- Share links to each chapter’s post on Facebook, Twitter, & social bookmarking sites.
So let’s kick this off by getting to know each other a little…
- Introduce yourself. Where do you live? What do you do?
- Do you already use Facebook, Twitter, a blog or any other social media? If so, for what purpose?
- What are you hoping to gain from participating in this project?