By submitting this form, I give OurChurch.Com permission to send me communication by email.
Easter is the biggest day of the Christian calendar and one of the best opportunities to share the good news about Jesus with the people around us.
We live in a world of instant communications, and so even though we are well into Holy Week, there is still time to use the communication tools available to us to impact people with the Easter message. Here are 7 last-minute ideas I came up with:
- Create a Facebook Event for your church’s Easter services.
- Share the Facebook Event for your church’s Easter services on your personal Facebook profile.
- Call or text that last minute invitation to a friend to join you at church Sunday morning.
- Initiate spiritual conversations on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ by asking questions like “What does Easter mean to you?” “Will you be celebrating Easter? If so, how?” “When you read the account of Good Friday who do you identify with most – Jesus, Judas, Peter, someone else?”
- Post an inspirational Easter video to Facebook or Twitter
- Facebook/Tweet/Instagram a photo from an Easter sunrise service with one last invitation for people to join you at a later service.
- Really listen to the people you’re connected with online. Celebrate with those who are celebrating Easter. But also Look for people who are down and could use encouragement, for people who are struggling and could use some help, for people who have questions and could find answers in God.
Do any of these resonate with you? Got any additional ideas?