By submitting this form, I give OurChurch.Com permission to send me communication by email.
Whether you are driving to work in the morning or heading across the country on a family vacation, travelling can be time consuming and expensive. Well, this week MapQuest and Google released some new features to help you save time and money.
Here are 5 tips to save time and money when you travel or commute:
- Save time on your daily commute with MapQuest’s Commute app. MapQuest has released a new app called commute that will monitor your normal route to and from work and alert you of traffic and driving conditions. You can also link to MapQuest’s navigation app to request re-routing if your normal route has delays.
- Save money on your next flight with Google Flight Search. Beginning this week, Google started indicating whether the fares they report in their Flight Search are rising or falling, letting you know whether the price is a bargain or you need to wait a few more days.
- Save money while driving around town with MapQuest’s Gas Prices app. We all have had the experience of filling up at one gas station and then driving on only to find out we could have saved 10 cents a gallon a half mile down the road. MapQuest has an app that will let you know the various prices of the gas stations so you can get the best price. Another good app for this is Gas Buddy.
- Save money when flying with AirFare Watchdog. Don’t want to keep checking the prices for flights? Go to AirFare Watchdog and setup an alert for the flight info of your next trip (date, originating city, and destination). AirFare Watchdog will monitor flights that fit your criteria and send you email alerts when there’s a deal available on any number of airlines.
- Find suggestions and get reviews of locations and activities on TripAdvisor. TripAdvisor is an oldie but a goodie. I’ve avoided more than more potential disaster by checking out the reviews on activities before a trip. I’ve also discovered some hidden gems.
Bonus Tip: Did you know that most airlines charge more for flights on Friday -Monday? I don’t mean when you fly on Fridays through Mondays, but rather when you purchase your tickets. You can save a considerable amount of money on flights by simply waiting until Tuesday to book your flight. Also, on average, the best prices for flights are offered about 6 weeks before the flight.
So, there you go. Start saving time and money as your driving around town or jetting around the country.
Do you have any great travel tips?
Be sure to leave a comment below with your favorite travel tips, websites, or apps that help you save time and money.