By submitting this form, I give OurChurch.Com permission to send me communication by email.
The explosion in popularity of social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter have led to tons of new, creative ways for Christians to build relationships and share their faith with people online.
Each of the next 20 weekdays, some fantastic guest bloggers and I are going to share and discuss one creative Internet evangelism idea each day. That’s 20 ideas from 12 bloggers in 20 days.
All of this leads up Internet Evangelism Day, April 25, 2010
The purpose of this group blogging project as well as Internet Evangelism Day is to raise awareness about the opportunities each of us has to use some facet of the Internet to share the good news of Jesus Christ with others.
If that gets you excited, here are 5 ways you can get involved.
But before I got to those 5 things. I want to give a big shout out (and some link love) to the following bloggers who will be contributing ideas.
- Tony Whittaker
- Dan King
- Wendy Spoon
- Brett Borders
- Chris walker
- Lois Ridley
- Rob Ross
- Steve Fogg
- Nick Runyon
- Kevin D. Hendricks
- Dave Bourgeois
- Gordon Marcy
Edit 4/5: I’m going to continue to update this post with links to each of the 20 ways to share your faith online.
- Using CraigsList to Serve Local People in Need by Paul Steinbrueck
- Facebook Prayer Outreach by Dan King
- 10 Tips for Blogging with a Mission by Paul Steinbrueck
- Facebook as an Opportunity to Share Faith by Tony Whittaker
- Using Cell Phones for Evangelism by Tony Whittaker
- 4 Huge Myths Of Online Evangelism by Steve Fogg
- Online Discipleship… Get Creative! by Dana Byers
- Video by Wendy Spoon
- Churches, Be a Tweep and Not a Twit on Twitter by Mike Ellis
- Local Church? – Global Impact! by Wendy Spoon
- An Effective Brand by Brett Borders
- 6 Steps to Getting Sermons On-line by Chris Walker
- Making a Better Reputation by Rob Ross
- IEO – Internet Evangelism Optimization by Lois Ridley
- 3 Creative Ideas from the Non-Western World by Dave Hackett
- Unprecedented Opportunity by Nick Runyon
- Serve as an Online Missionary by Nick Runyon
- Live Your Life Online by Kevin Hendricks
- Getting Started in Online Evangelism by Dave Bourgeois
- The Local Church Solution by Gordon Marcy
Plus the wrap-up post: 20 Ways to Share Your Faith Online – Thanks, Feedback, and the Tipping Point
Five Ways You Can Participate
- Follow @OurChurchDotCom on Twitter and retweet the link for each idea.
- Share some (or all) of the ideas with your Facebook friends.
- Discuss the ideas in the comments. Share any related ideas.
- If you’re a pastor, communications director, evangelism coordinator, or small group leader, engage your congregation in a discussion about these ideas.
- Don’t just talk about these ideas. Do them! Post comments telling us about what happened, the people you connected with, and what you learned from the experience.
So, what do you say? Are you in? How do you plan to participate?