SEE US ON FACEBOOK
Buffalo Valley Counseling Center
WE DO COACHING! NEED HELP WITH CAREER, RELATIONSHIPS, DIRECTION? SET UP AN APPOINTMENT AND GET STARTED!
Go to This Link for The Grace Recovery Church Page: www.ourchurch.com/member/g/gracerecovery/
GET HELP WITH LIFE COACHING FROM DR. JOHN ON LINE THROUGH FACE TIME OR SKYPE. SESSIONS FOR $25 PER HOUR!
WE ARE A MEMBER OF THE AMERICAN COUNSELING ASSOCIATION
NEW LIFE MINISTRIES- 1-800-NEW LIFE- newlife.com
Steve Arterburn Steve Arterburn is the founder and chairman of New Life Ministries and host of the # 1 nationally syndicated Christian counseling talk show “New Life Live” heard and watched by millions on over 180 radio stations nationwide in addition to XM – Sirius Satellite radio and now seen on television on the Family Net network.
Dr. John W. Radke- Family Counselor & Wife Celeste
STAFF EDU & EXPERIENCE
Rev. John Radke is the Director and the primary family counselor at BVCC. Rev. Radke graduated from Ripon Senior High School in Ripon Wisconsin in 1971. John was a Class leader and an All-State letterman in basketball and track. John was recruited by the University of Wisconsin for basketball. John attended UW for two years and lettered in track and in basketball. After becoming a Christian in 1972 through the Navigator’s, John felt the call of the ministry in his life and God led him to Pillsbury Baptist Bible College in Owatonna, MN. John lettered in basketball and was an All-American his senior year. John received his B.S. degree in Theology and Education. John met his wife Celeste at college and he moved to Pennsylvania where he attended the Calvary Baptist Seminary, of Lansdale, PA. While John attended Seminary, he also was a youth Pastor and taught Art and Mechanical Drafting at the Calvary Baptist Schools for three years. John was also in a very elite Preacher Boy Program for two summers under the direction of Dr. E. Robert Jordan. John graduated from Calvary Seminary. In the summer of 1984, John and his wife Celeste, planted a Baptist Church in Lewisburg, Pa. John was the head Pastor at the Buffalo Valley Baptist Church for ten years before going into full time Christian Counseling. John also received a Masters degree in Theology and Counseling from International Seminary of Orlando, FL in 2001. A Doctorate from St. Luke’s Seminary of Los Angelis, CA. John also received his Ordination in 1997 from Harvest Time Ministries Inc. Rev. Radke has preached and conducted Seminars throughout Pennsylvania.
THE PROCESS OF COUNSELING
Our goal at BVCC is to help people so that they can learn to help themselves. We never make our patients dependent on us so they have to keep coming back for years of counseling. We are experienced in treating many different types of problems. We use Christian Cognitive Therapy methods. We use a Relationship History Inventory method to uncover past hurts. We teach emotional defense methods to protect you from abusive people. We teach you the 10 Laws of Boundaries to help you in relationships. Many Christians come to us for help with: Depression, Anxiety and Panic disorder, Marriage problems, Dating advise, Eating disorders, Alcohol and drug abuse, Childhood abuse, Sexual abuse, Parenting advice, testing in adults and children for ADD and OCD, Grief counseling, how to find God's will for your life, Anger Management, sexual identity problems and many other issues.
From the book the Love List by Drs. Les & Leslie Parrott
1. Once a day take time to touch if only for a minute. The value of human touch is almost incalculable. Eight to ten meaningful touches a day help you maintain emotional and physical health. Make a commitment to cultivate this valuable practice on a daily basis.
2. Once a day find something that makes you both laugh. Laughter helps us cope. Laughter has been called "inner jogging" because every system in your body gets a workout when you have a hearty laugh. A marriage without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs - jolted by every pebble in the road.
3. Once a week do something active that lifts your spirits. Shared activity is one of the supreme gifts of married life, and it is an insurance policy against the fading of passion and intimacy. Shared is the key word here. Find activities that you both enjoy and make the time to do them together. "Love must be fed and nurtured . . . first and foremost it demands time."
4. Once a week boost your partner's self-esteem. Encouragement is the finest gift you can give your spouse. This doesn't mean just handing out compliments or flattery. Find the things in your spouse's life that would help build them up in an area in which they are insecure. Make a list of all the things they do well and start from there.
5. Once a month rid yourselves of harmful residue. Letting things build up day after day without discussing and resolving them leads to anger, resentment and eventually, if not discussed and resolved, loss of love for your partner. Rid your marriage of harmful residue with a regular tune-up.
6. Once a month fire up passion in the bedroom. No, we're not suggesting you have sex only once a month. Sex is critically important for a quality marriage. Planning a special time once a month that both of you are anticipating and planning for can bring back the passion that has been missing.
7. Once a year review your top-ten highlights. Sit together and look at a photo album, scrapbook or whatever you have collected that will remind you of the fun and special times you have had together since you have met.
8. Once a year chart your course for the coming year. Charting the course of your marriage raises the quality of life for you and your family and keeps you from the "Someday Syndrome". Smart couples move beyond daydreams by charting their course for a reality where dreams come true.
BVCC HISTORY AND SUPPORTERS
The Buffalo Valley Counseling Center was incorporated in 1993. We started out with offices in Lewisburg and in Williamsport. In 1998, we moved our offices to New Columbia, where we now reside. Through the years, we have presented our Ministry to many Churches, Organizations and Doctors who have graciously supported us with referrals. We have always kept our fees very low for the purpose of reaching the people who need help but can’t afford the high costs of counseling. We believe in the Great Commission found in Matthew 28: 18-20. There are many people who come to us who are not saved, and we have a wonderful privilege of presenting the Gospel of Jesus Christ to them. Some of the folks who come to us not only need salvation, but they also need deep healing in their soul. In 2003, The New Life Counseling Clinics of Laguna Beach, CA. approved us to be an affiliated Care Provider. New Life is an outstanding organization that we are proud to be connected to. Many of the counseling techniques that we use at BVCC are tools from Dr. Paul Meier, Dr. John Townsend, Dr. Henry Cloud, and founder, Stephen Arterburn.
Referrals to BVCC can be made by Pastors, Doctors, Agencies, Family members, Friends, Stephen Ministers, and by New Life Clinics. We may refer our patients to family Physicians for the treatment of medication. We believe very strongly in our client’s confidentiality and we are very concerned for your privacy.
Monday Through Friday 9:00AM to 7:15PM by appointment only
OUR FEES & CHARGES
$40- Single one hour session
$35- Single one hour session for a Child
$45- Single one hour session for joint Marriage
$50- Psychological Testing
$100-Weddings & Funerals
$150- Public Speaking or Preaching
Conferences are $150 per day.
All Fees are subject to a sliding Scale (We will work with you)
We do not take Insurances because our fees are so low.
WHY NOT COUNSEL ONLINE?
WE DO COUNSELING IN THE COMFORT OF YOUR OWN HOME.
WE CAN COUNSEL BY PHONE OR BY SKYPE (FACE TO FACE ON THE COMPUTER). www.skype.com
DOWNLOAD SKYPE FOR FREE AND THEN CALL US.
8 Lahr Cir.
New Columbia, Pa. 17856
If it is a crisis situation, Call 911 or 570-768-7952570-768-7952