The “Top Websites Challenge” is a monthly challenge designed to encourage website administrators to do things that will help their organization live out their mission online and reward those who do. At the end of each month, the top 3 websites plus 1 additionally randomly selected website in the top 20 receive gift cards of up to $50 from national restaurants and retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, and Chili’s.
Points are awarded for having a Gold, Silver or Bronze hosting package, useful add-ons like YODA (Your Online Donation App), logging into the website each day, and pageviews.
Here are the specifics of the point scoring:
This is just the beginning. In the future, points will be given for other achievements and actions.
- Gold package – 2,000 points
- Silver package – 1,200 points
- Bronze package – 600 points
- SSL / YODA – 500 points
- EZ Sermon Manager – 500 points
- MyOCC – 50 points for each day you login to MyOCC (resets the first of each month
- WP-EZ Admin – 50 points for each day you login to your WP-EZ Dashboard (resets the first of each month)
- Pageviews – 1 point per pageview (resets the first of each month)
- 10-Point Website review - 100 points for each of the 10 elements of the review your website has passed (must request a review)
- Monthly survey - 300 points (resets when the new survey is released each month)
- Testimonial - written testimonial - 200 points, profile picture to be used with written testimonial - 200 points, video testimonial - 1,000 points (share your testimonial)
Winners will have the opportunity to choose from among several retail/restaurant options as well as OurChurch.Com credit. The list of retail/restaurant options is still being determined.
- 1st place: $50 e-gift certificate
- 2nd place: $40 e-gift certificate
- 3rd place: $30 e-gift certificate
- 1 additional winner will be randomly selected from among all sites in the top 10: $20 e-gift certificate
Web administrators can see where their website ranks in comparison to other websites on the Top Websites Challenge (Current Rankings) page. They can also see exactly how they earned their points by going to their Top Websites Challenge (Your Score) page.
Rules and FAQs
If you have any questions about the Top Websites Challenge, please email support (at) ourchurch (dot) com
- Each month’s Challenge ends at 11:59 PM Eastern Time the last day of the month.
- Points and rankings are recalculated once each day, usually between midnight and 4 AM Eastern Time.
- Pageviews and WP-EZ Dashboard logins can only score points for websites that use the WP-EZ Website builder.
- Web administrators are eligible to win one prize every 3 months. If a website ranks in the top 3 within 3 months of winning, it will be skipped and the next eligible website selected. For example, if the same 3 websites finish in the top 3 a second month in a row, all 3 would be skipped and the 4, 5 and 6th place sites would receive the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes.
- Some retail/restaurant e-gift card options may not be available to winners outside the United States.