If you have an NE1 built website, the Asset Manager allows uploading of Media Files.|
If you do not have an NE1 built website, you can upload your files using the following method:
- Open Internet Explorer and enter "ftp://your_ftp_username@your_domain_name/" in the address bar and click "Go". (Replace "YourDomainName" with your website's actual domain name.)
- Login with your cpanel username and password.
- If you are using Internet Explorer 6 or earlier, go to the next step. If you are using Internet Explorer 7, click the "Page" button and select "Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer."
- Leaving that FTP window open, in a different window find the file(s) you want to upload on your computer.
(Example: If the file(s) you want to upload are in your "My Documents" folder on your computer, then open your "My Documents folder in another window.)
- Then select the file(s) you want to upload and drag them into the FTP window. A progress window will appear and show you the progress of your upload.
You can also you use FTP software. Please refer to the menu item at left called "Using FTP to transfer files." Audio files are very large and you may not be able to use the file manager built into your Webmaster page or cPanel to upload them.
Note 1: When FTPing (transferring via separate FTP software) audio files to your account, you have the option to select the transfer mode: either binary or text/ASCII. Audio files must be transferred in binary mode.
Note 2: If you are pseudo-streaming the audio files, be sure to also upload the text file for the streaming - the .m3u (for MP3 files) or .ram (for RealMedia files).