By submitting this form, I give OurChurch.Com permission to send me communication by email.
OurChurch.Com is excited to announce two new improvements to our domain name registration services.
1) New Top Level Domains (TLDs)
Starting today you can now register the following TLDs and set them up as the primary address for your website:
For example, Tampa Christian Academy could register and use TampaChristian.academy. Grace Lutheran Church Miami could register and use GraceLutheran.church, GraceLutheranMiami.church or GraceMiami.church
Why does a domain name matter?
First, organizations that want to connect with new people put their domain name on their signs and print material. The shorter and easier to remember your domain name is, the more likely it is that people will go to your website after they see your domain somewhere.
Second, because a large number of people who return to your website regularly will do so by typing your domain name directly into their web browser. The shorter and easier to remember your domain name is, the more return visitors you’ll get.
A domain name is online real estate. It’s where your brand lives. -Tony Messer
Cost to register domains with these new TLDs is $39.95/yr with lower costs if you register for 2 or 3 years. These domains also come with ID Protect, which is something we’re also introducing today…
2) Domain ID Protect
When you register a domain name, you are required to provide your contact information, including name, address, phone number and email address. By default this information publicly available. Unfortunately, spammers use software to “scrape” this information into their databases and then bombard domain name owners with spam emails and robo-calls.
Today we’re adding ID Protect to all new domain registrations.
ID Protect hides your contact information from public view so it can’t be discovered and used by spammers.
We are also adding ID Protect to all renewing domain names within one business day after the next renewal. Some more details…
- To cover the cost of ID Protect, the price to register new .com, .org, .net, .us, .biz, and .info domains has increased to $29.95/yr effective immediately. The price to renew those TLDs will increase to $29.95/yr effective February 1.
- The later effective date for renewals is due to the fact that invoices for domains due to renew before the end of January have already been generated and sent out at the current price and do not include ID protect.
- If you have a domain that renews before the end of January, you received an invoice for domain renewal for $19.95 and you want to add ID Protect, please reply to this email and let us know. We will delete that invoice, and send you a new invoice with ID Protect. If you want to go another year without ID protect, that’s fine too. Just pay the invoice you already received.
- To keep things simple and protect everyone’s privacy, ID Protect will be included with every new and renewing domain registration. (No opting out.)
Switching to a New Domain Name
If you already have a domain name but would like to switch to a new one with one of the new TLDs, here’s how you can do that…
First, it’s important to understand that technically you can’t “switch” a domain registration. You’ve registered your current for a year (or 2 or 3 years) and that domain name will continue to be registered in your name until the current term expires.
What you can do is register a new domain name, Then ask us to make that new domain name the primary domain name for your website. We will keep your current domain name active and pointing to your website as an “alias.” This overlap period when both domains are working is good because it gives you the opportunity to make people aware of the new domain name. It also gives search engines the opportunity to become aware of the change and update their data.
Post Your Comments and Questions
What do you think of the new .TLDs? ID Protect? Will you be registering a new domain name?