By submitting this form, I give OurChurch.Com permission to send me communication by email.
Last week, we talked about cleaning up your church website by purging and updating various content.
But the one area of the church website is often times overlooked during this “spring cleaning” process is …
The Staff page
Below are 5 things to do to make sure your staff page or directory updated:
- Remove anyone listed who no longer works with the church
- Add anyone who is part of the staff who is not listed on the staff page
- Update pictures of your staff – Many churches think “Pastor Bill” is still on staff and we have a picture of him. However, if the pic is from 10 years ago and Bill no longer has hair, you should update the image with something more current
- Update bios of your staff – In “Jane’s” bio it talks about how her 3 kids attend the local school and like soccer, dance, and singing. However, now Jane’s kids are in college and one is engaged to be married. It is probably good to have Jane update her bio:)
- Update contact information – Have the phone extensions changed for your staff? Did you get a new domain name for your church and their email addresses have changed? Make sure that all contact information for your staff is up to date.
Ensuring your staff page is up to date is just one more way to improve communication with your church congregation.
“Communication and communication strategy is not just part of the game – it is the game” – Oscar Munoz
Do you want to better communicate with your church body through a better website? If so, please contact me here!