By submitting this form, I give OurChurch.Com permission to send me communication by email.
Smartphones and tablets now combine for more than half of all digital media use. If your website is not mobile-friendly, you are missing out on half your audience.
Additionally, because Google factors mobile-friendliness into its search rankings, if you have a website that is not mobile-friendly, you may be hindering the ability for others to find your site.
Unfortunately, the templates we currently provide in our NE1 Website Builder are not mobile-friendly. This was one of the biggest factors that led us to develop our new WP-EZ Website Builder.
Is WordPress Mobile Friendly?
Last week I wrote that while WordPress is a great platform, it also has some downsides to it. Some of the challenge as it relates to making a website mobile-friendly include:
- After installing WordPress you have find, possibly buy, and install a theme
- Not all WordPress themes are mobile friendly
- Not all plugins are mobile-friendly
So, if you want to build your website with WordPress and make it mobile friendly, you have to test your theme on different sized devices, and you have to test each plugin – typically 10-30 plugins in a website – on different sized devices.
The bottom line is… WordPress is only as mobile friendly as the theme and plugins you install in it.
Most people would prefer not to spend all that time and effort searching for and testing a theme and plugins that function well and look good on all devices. So, one of the benefits of having OurChurch.Com develop a custom WordPress website for your organization is that we do all that work for you to ensure your website works on all devices.
We’re putting that same rigorous testing and selection process into the new WP-EZ (WordPress made easy) Website Builder we’re developing to replace NE1.
- How important do you think it is that a website be mobile-friendly?
- What kinds of problems have you run into on websites that are not mobile-friendly?
- How valuable would it be for you to have professional website developers test and select your website’s theme and plugins to ensure its mobile-friendly?