By submitting this form, I give OurChurch.Com permission to send me communication by email.
Christmas is fast approaching. If your head is spinning with gift shopping and requests for give ideas from family members, let me suggest a gift idea you may not have thought of that will be more meaningful than 99% of the gifts you give or get this year.
I have been blessed with a big, generous family. This time of year, my wonderful family repeatedly asks me for a list of gift ideas. Most years I have a difficult time coming up with anything I want.
I don’t care about fashion or clothes. I usually don’t want the coolest new tech gadgets. I’m not a tool guy. I don’t want movies or music. I don’t collect anything. I’m just content with what I have.
Material things don’t bring happiness anyway, right?
If you find yourself in this situation, let me suggest an usual gift idea…
Get a gift that will advance your ministry
God has created each of us with a passion for something Kingdom-related. Maybe yours is evangelism or discipleship, maybe it’s teaching children or teens, maybe it’s music or writing.
Ministry always involves connecting with people. A website is one of the best ways to connect with people. So…
Why not request or give yourself a new website, a new website feature, an upgrade or search marketing will help to advanced your ministry?
This may sound like a strange gift, but think about it… A year from now, are you going to remember a box of chocolate, a new pair of pants or a power tool? Or will you remember the 10, 100, or 1,000 people you were able to minister to because they connected with you online?
A better website is not just a great gift idea for yourself, but also for others.
Do you have a family member or friend who is an aspiring musician, writer, artist or crafts-person who could be a blessing to more people if he or she were able to share their gift with others?
Do you have a family member or friend who is pastor of a small church that has no website or a poor website that is holding them back?
Here’s an opportunity to bless them with something much more meaningful than a new coffee maker, scented lotion or a screwdriver set.
Here are 4 Website Gift Ideas
- New Website. For a church or ministry that has no website (or a poor one), you can build a church website (or a ministry website) with our WP-EZ Website Builder and cover the hosting for a year for about $100. Order by December 16 and we’ll give you a free domain name!
- Upgrade a Free Website. OurChurch.Com does offer free websites. To be candid, I don’t recommend them because they don’t have their own domain name and have limited features and storage. So, if you built a free site because you didn’t want to spend any money on your website or wanted to try WP-EZ, upgrading your website to Bronze and getting your own domain is a great gift. Again, it’s about $100. Login to MyOCC to get started.
- Get an SSL Certificate. When your website has an SSL Certificate, it encrypts all data to and from your website. It also shows a green “Secure” and lock symbol giving your visitors a warm fuzzy feeling (instead of showing “not secure”) Order an SSL here.
- Invest in SEO. A lot of people think just because they build a website people will find it. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work that way. If you have a website, but are not getting the visitors you want, do your church, ministry or business a favor and invest in search engine optimization.
Why blow money on a gift that will be soon forgotten when you could give a website gift that will advance the Kingdom of God?
Comment and Discuss…
- Are you considering a website gift for yourself or someone else this year? If so, what?
- Do you have other gift ideas that have a Kingdom impact?