By submitting this form, I give OurChurch.Com permission to send me communication by email.
Searching for church Valentine ideas?
Valentine’s Day provides a great opportunity for churches to talk about love and demonstrate love to others.
Over the years, I’ve had numerous conversations with church leaders and church communicators – in person, on Twitter, and on Facebook – about church Valentine ideas. I’m amazed at all the creative things churches are doing!
The church Valentine ideas I’ve heard tend to fall into two categories – Valentine social media campaigns designed to point people to the love of God and Valentine events designed to help couples develop loving, Christ-centered relationships.
11 Church Valentine Ideas for Social Media
1) Maybe a “love your neighbor” campaign type thing….?? @PastorJenna
2) we are posting daily “love” scripture texts on FB. Pleasantly surprised how many people click on them to read them. @revjenn
3) Connect with people who feel a little more lonely on #ValentinesDay, and invite them in to community. @crazypastor
4) Valentine’s Day is another big Chocolate day. Another chance to educate about fair trade and justice. @FatPastor
5) I will probably post about the real Valentine @PastorJoelle
6) Our school kids are making ecards that the senior citizens in the computer learning class will open @Conductor222
7) How making/sharing a meme of Jesus with the caption: Who love you, baby? @RevWeb
9) Used 1 Cor 13 on blog to talk about God’s love through storytelling @caseyfitzgerald
10) flip the script – tell the world that God’s LOVE is for creation, animals, people – not just romantic love @J_at_Seminary
11) I could envision an instagram/twitter campaign to post pictures answering question, “What is love?” @FatPastor
Bonus: It’s also the perfect excuse to quote risque verses from Song of Solomon. 😉
11 Church Valentine Ideas for Events
1) Hold a Blood Drive and hand out chocolates to blood donors! @MeredithGould
2) Our church is doing vow renewals on 2/15 – should publicize on soc.med. @vcwoodbury
3) Free childcare for church families by the youth group. -Melissa Bull
4)We do a “Love Week” campaign and encourage serving the community and random acts of kindness. -Carly Byram
5) Our student ministry holds a Valentines Gala each year. One of our guys who volunteers with them is a chef and has the kids cook a 5star meal, our associate pastor is a photographer so each couple gets their pic taken, also a silent auction, and entertainment. $30 per person. It’s their biggest fundraiser each year -Sherry Polk
6) We do an event called The Great Date Night where we bring in a comedian or entertainer and provide childcare. -Meredith Thompson
7) Father daughter dance. -Delores Eilrich
8) Our student ministry does signing telegrams in our AM/PM services the Sunday before Valentine’s Day. They also deliver goodies/flowers on Valentine’s day. It’s a great fundraiser for them and probably their biggest all year. -Kristin Coats
9) We’re having a children’s ministry serve project making v-day cards for nursing home residents that will be delivered early next week for distribution by the nursing home staff. -Almeda McMullen Smith
10) We have a Love out Loud Day on the 13th at our local food pantry. Providing an extra bag of pantry staples to 330 families! -Veronica P Brunson
11) XO Marriage conference simulcast in our church. We do a catered meal on Friday night. It is a great way to invest in the marriages in and around our church. -River Live
Let us love one another, for love comes from God. -1 John 4:7-9
Post a comment and discuss:
- What is your church doing on social media to tie into the Valentine’s Day holiday?
- Got any other ideas?