By submitting this form, I give OurChurch.Com permission to send me communication by email.
October… For some it is a time of cooler weather, pumpkin spice everything, and fall festivals. For my family, the temps and baseball are still hot.
We are big fans of both the St. Louis Cardinals and the Tampa Bay Rays. Unfortunately, the Cards made an early exit from the playoffs last week, but we are excited about what the month may bring for the Rays on the baseball diamond.
For these teams and the others in the playoffs, they are focused on finishing the year as strong as possible. For the 22 teams no longer competing for championship this year, they have already started looking towards next year and their 2021 season.
For churches, now is the time to focus on both finishing the year strong and planning for next year. Planning for Christmas and next year will be both more challenging and more important than ever because of the impact of COVID. Church are not going to be able to re-use last year’s plans or just keep doing what they’re already doing without a plan.
The good thing is that you have 7 weeks until Thanksgiving, which is the typically the start of the Christmas season. This should give you enough time to work on the following 5 items:
- Clean up the website.
- Plan what new content you will need for the Christmas season
- Create a web team for next year (if you don’t already have one)
- Determine if you need to revamp your current website or if you need a new website
- Evaluate starting a local Search Engine Optimization service so you can improve your rankings in the search engines and attract new visitors
During the month of October, we will address each one of these items in more detail. And although 7 weeks may seem like a lot of time, it can pass in the blink of an eye.
There’s no better time than the present. – John Trusler
More Articles about Planning for Christmas and 2021
Throughout the month of October, we’ll be publishing more article to help you plan for Christmas and 2021. As we publish them, we’ll add links below:
Comment and Discuss
- What’s the biggest question or issue you’re facing when it comes to planning for Christmas and 2021?