Last month we began offering free website reviews. Many of you have not taken advantage of this opportunity to get honest feedback about your website.
While we don’t pretend to know all the reasons for this, we have gotten some questions and comments which have given us some insight into some things that may not be clear. So, I’m going to address those questions and comments here.
1) In the weekly status email I received and on my WP-EZ Dashboard it says the status of my website is 0 out of 10. Why is that? I know my website doesn’t fail all 10 points of the 10 point checklist.
Every website has a score of 0 out of 10 until you request a review and we review it.
2) I know my website isn’t going to pass all 10 points, so why bother?
First of all, you might be mistaken. We have had people who thought their site wouldn’t pass a particular point and it did.
Second, even if your website doesn’t pass one of the 10 points, the feedback you get on the other 9 points will be helpful. Maybe your website has other problems you’re not aware of. Or maybe you’ll be affirmed by the feedback you receive.
Third, you get points towards the monthly Top Websites Challenge which awards $140 of gift cards every month.
3) Can I get a free website review if I don’t use any OurChurch.Com services?
Yes. The free website review is available for ALL websites.
4) Can I get a free website review if I have a free OurChurch.Com website?
Yes. Again, the free website review is available for ALL websites.
5) Can I get a free website review if I have OurChurch.Com’s web hosting service but I didn’t use OurChurch.Com’s WP-EZ Website Builder to build my website?
Yes. The free website review is available for ALL websites. (Are you noticing a patterern?)
6) Can I get a free website review if my website isn’t for a church but for a nonprofit or business?
No… just kidding. Yes, we did say ALL, right?
7) When is the deadline to request a review?
There is no deadline at this time. We plan to continue offering the free website reviews for the foreseeable feature. However, I encourage not to put it off. It only takes a minute to request a review, and the feedback you receive could lead you to fix a problem that is hindering you and your organization from connecting with people and living out your mission online.
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve. –Bill Gates
Speaking of feedback…
After you request some feedback from us, how about giving us your feedback on some recent changes we’ve made by doing this quick survey.
Got any other comments or questions? Post ‘em below in a comment.