Our mission is to help you live out your mission online.
In 2018, for your church to live out its mission online, it’s essential that your church website HELP you live out your mission and not HINDER you.
Your church website is hindering your mission if it:
- Is not mobile friendly. More than half of all website visits in 2018 are made from a phone or tablet.
- Looks poor. We do not think churches need to compete to have the best church website in town, but if your website looks bad, people who visit your website will get the impression that you are either clueless or just don’t care about them. Some of the things that immediately give a poor impression include:
- No images, blurry images, or tiny images on the site
- Super long menus (more than 7 options in the main menu)
- Lots of different fonts and colors of text.
- Is not up to date. Perhaps because it’s complicated to update or only one person has access.
- Doesn’t have sermons on it. People who are looking for a new church prefer to know what the sermons are like and might not visit in person without seeing or hearing at least one message online. Church members would like to be able to see or hear sermons they miss.
If your church website has one or more of these problems, our goal in Church Website Design Month is to help you overcome them.
5 Church Website Design Month Opportunities
1) WP-EZ Website Builder – Build a church website on your own with WP-EZ. The latest version (available with the Gold Package) has beautiful new themes, includes pre-installed page templates which make adding new pages a snap, and a drag-and-drop page builder which makes it super easy to put text, images and media where you want them on each page.
2) Custom Church Website Design – Save time and let our experienced church website design experts create a beautiful website that looks exactly the way you want it and has all the functionality you want.
3) Church Website Packages – Usually when a church has a professional web developer create a new church website for them, they have to pay a big chunk of money up front and a big chunk of money when the project is done. We understand many churches can’t afford to do that, so we developed church website packages that include web design, maintenance, updates, web hosting and domain registration for an affordable monthly fee. Some of our packages also include logo design and/or SEO.
4) Free Website Review – Sometimes you just need a fresh set of eyes and some caring, honest feedback. We’ll have an announcement about this later in the month.
5) Help Us, Help You – Your feedback about challenges you’re having with your website and improvements you’d like to see has a big impact. Please take 5 minutes to complete the February survey.
Your church website is one of your most influential outreach tools. Invest in it accordingly. -Mark Steinbrueck
Congrats to our January gift card winners!
Last month we launched the monthly Top Websites Challenge, in which we encourage and reward you for doing things to help you live out your mission online. Congrats to our first set of winners who received $20 – $50 gift cards.
- 1st place: bilbreyfuneralhomeinc.com
- 2nd place: windhillpuppies.net
- 3rd place: royalpuppypalace.com
- Random winner: winfieldbaptistchurch.com
Wishing everyone the best in this month’s Top Websites Challenge!
What are you going to do this month to make your church website less of a hindrance and more of a help to your church’s mission? Post a comment and discuss it.