Google My Business (GMB) is one of the most important search engine marketing tools available for local organizations – churches, schools, local businesses and local nonprofits. If you’re not familiar with the term, Google My Business is what is used to setup, verify, and update the information Google shows in local search results and Google Maps. In fact…
Organizations with detailed & complete online business listings are twice as likely to be considered reputable by consumers. -Sherry Bonelli
In addition to being very important, it can also be one of the most tricky to use, leaving many people frustrated with questions.
Recently Sherry Bonelli posted a great article on Search Engine Land titled “Local SEO: 7 Google My Business questions asked and answered.” Some of the local SEO questions answers in it include:
- A former employee verified [our] Google My Business listing and we don’t know what email address they used. What should I do?
- There are fake reviews about my business on my Google My Business listing. Can I get them removed?
- How do you contact Google My Business Support? I’ve tried to find a way to contact them and am getting really frustrated!
- I’m new to Google My Business. Where is the best place to go to get information?
Instead of trying to summarize the info provided in that article, I’m just going to encourage you to click and read it for yourself.
- Have you claimed your listing in Google My Business? If not, what’s holding you back?
- What other questions do you have about Google My Business that we can help you with?
Post a comment and share your thoughts on GMB.
And if you’d like help with your church SEO and local business SEO, we’d be happy to schedule a free phone call to discuss your current situation, your goals and how SEO can help you get from where you are to where you want to go.