In a recent study by BrightLocal in partnership with ChamberofCommerce.com, small and medium sized businesses were asked several questions about internet marketing and mobile marketing. Over 700 Small to Medium sized businesses were surveyed. One of the questions the business was asked is:
How effective is Internet marketing at attracting customers to your business?
What they found was very telling.
- 75% said Internet marketing is “effective” or “very” effective at attracting new customers.
- 32% said that Internet marketing was “Very effective” for attracting new customers.
What does this mean?
The proof is in the pudding as they say. These are real businesses engaged in Internet marketing (all except for 4% of them) and a full 75% are saying that Internet marketing is effective or very effective for them for attracting new customers. That’s a huge majority and it goes to show the value of Internet marketing for smaller businesses just as much as for large businesses.
The report also shows that this is an increase from last year, growing by 7% year over year. There is an increased trust in Internet marketing and business owners are seeing more and more value in it.
You can view the full report here.
Tell us what you think in the comments.
- Do you engage in Internet marketing?
- Business owners – If you use Internet Marketing, have you found it to be effective at attracting new customers to your business?
- Churches, how about you? IF you use Internet Marketing, have you found it to be effective at attracting new members to your church?