I already have a domain name. Can I transfer it?
Posted by , Last modified by Debbie Serrano on 27 October 2015 12:42 AM
Yes, we will need the following in order to transfer your domain name to OurChurch.Com:
1. Domain name registration fee of $19.95
2. The EPP or Authentication key associated with the domain name. You should be able to login to your current domain name registrar's website to get this information or ask your registrar directly.
3. The transfer lock needs to be removed. You can do this as well by logging into your current registrar's website or asking them directly.
4. While you are getting the Authentication key and removing the transfer lock, please also check your domain name's contact email address and verify it is an email account you have access to and check regularlry. If it is not, please change the contact email address to one you check regularly or to email@example.com.
5. Once you have removed the transfer lock and made sure the contact email address for the domain name is one you check regularly, please send us the Authentication key. If you changed the contact email address of the domain name to firstname.lastname@example.org, please let us know in order to look for the verification email.
Once we receive the Authentication key and have verified the transfer lock has been removed, we will initiated the transfer. A verification email will be sent to the domain name's contact email address. You must follow the directions in this verification email and confirm the transfer in order for the transfer to be successful. If you have set the domain name's contact email address to email@example.com, we will receive that verification email in our help desk and confirm the transfer for you. It usually takes 3-4 business days for a transfer to complete.
If you are having OurChurch.Com build your website for you, you do not need to read below as you are done with the instructions for the transfer.
If you are creating the site yourself, we can also try to get your website up and running with your domain name much more quickly if you are able to change some of the settings for your domain name. Login to your domain name registrar's website and change the Nameserver (sometimes called DNS) settings to the ones we specify for you.
Note: Any websites or email addresses currently using the domain name will be affected by a DNS change. Please keep this in mind and avoid changing the nameserver settings if an interruption in these services would be a problem.
If you do this, please let us know and we can usually get your new account up about 24 hours after you make this change (before the transfer si completed). Regardless of whether you change the Namesserver settings, we still need the Authentication key from you and have you remove the transfer lock to do the full transfer.
Please note that the domain name transfer service only includes processing the transfer of the domain name in the OurChurch.Com system and initializing up to 2 attempts to transfer the domain name. You are responsible for getting the Authentication key, removing the transfer lock, and confirming the transfer when the verification email is sent (unless you have made firstname.lastname@example.org the contact email address for the domain name).
Please let us know if you are unable to get the Authentication key, are unable to remove the trasnfer lock. or have any questions.