|OurChurch.Com Webmaster Newsletter - October 2005
Connecting Christian churches, schools, businesses, ministries, and families
Eight Little-Known Ways to Increase Traffic
Hello OurChurch.Com webmasters,
Please post comments and questions concerning this newsletter in our forums. You can also view this message on the web with color and graphics in our newsletter archives.
IN THIS ISSUE
1) Eight Little-Known Ways to Increase Traffic
2) Change in Guestbook Screening
Promote Your Ministry with a Subscriber Newsletter
Create Online Newsletters – Over 90 Templates.
FREE TRIAL http://www.ministrycontact.com
1) EIGHT LITTLE-KNOWN WAYS TO INCREASE TRAFFIC
Want more visitors to your website? This month we take a look at some ways to increase website traffic that many webmasters are not aware of.
1. E-newsletter Feature - All sites built with our Beacon web builder come with an e-newsletter feature, which can be used to keep visitors to your site informed. Add an email list page to your site and visitors can subscribe on their own. You ask, "Are newsletters really effective?" You're reading this, aren't you?
2. OCC Search - Make sure your listing in OurChurch.Com's search engine is active and accurate. You can check the status of your search listing on your webmaster page.
3. OCC Forums - Regularly post messages in our Christian forums and include a link at the bottom to your website. Other visitors to our forums will read your messages and click through to your site, and the links will improve your ranking in search engines.
4. Sample Site - Every month we select five new sites to serve as examples so our visitors can see what OCC websites looks like. Sample sites receive thousands of additional visitors each month. Nominate your site to be a sample.
5. Testimonials - Add a message to our testimonials page explaining how OurChurch.Com has helped you or your organization make more effective use of the Internet. Be sure to include a link to your site in your testimonial.
6. Exchange Links - Search our Christian search engine for sites similar to yours and ask them if they'd like to exchange links - you put a link to their site on yours and they put a link to your site on theirs.
7. Email Signature - Include the address of your website in your email signature so it's automatically added to the bottom of every email you send.
8. OCC Search Engine Services - OurChurch.Com can get your site added to the best general and Christian search engines. We can also get your site ranked at the top of Google, Yahoo, and MSN. Read more about our search engine registration services.
2) CHANGE IN GUESTBOOK SCREENING
A couple of months ago we set up a filtering system to help screen reduce abuse of guestbooks and prayer request pages. For a while we were reviewing every message posted in every guestbook and prayer request page for all 7,000+ sites we host. That proved to be an overwhelming task that took us away from other important responsibilities, so we've given that task back to you. As webmaster, you receive an email notification of every guestbook and prayer request entry. If you receive any offensive messages, forward them in their entirety to us and we'll block that person from posting again.
Thanks for hosting your website at OurChurch.Com. Please post comments and questions concerning this newsletter in our forums.
In His Service,
OCC Quick Links
- OurChurch.Com homepage
- Free websites
- Website hosting
- Custom website designs
- Website marketing services
- Partner/Affiliate program
- Daily scripture
- OCC message boards
- OCC status board
- OCC help pages
- OCC help desk
September Award-winning Sites
- From My Heart
- Messages From FatherSonSpirit
- Int'l Branch of Lion of Judah
- Roadmap To Heaven
Info on PowerPoints Challenge
I'm still "real new" at this whole website "thing". Seem to be picking up pretty quickly, but I still have problems with "Keywords". Can anyone tell me, is there any particular requirements for keywords? and is there any certain "program" that can help me with key word creation?
Sound off in our forums.
BEACON tip o' the month
Add an email list page to your site so visitors can subscribe to receive a newsletter from you. Then use the e-newsletter feature to send out a newsletter at least once a month. This will help to remind people to return to your website regularly.
Conyers Church of God
Conyers Church of God is a mid-sized church just east of Atlanta that has been using OurChurch.Com's website services for more than four years. In addition to the typical church website features such as announcements, staff, photos, and a calendar, Conyers C.O.G. is also making use of more advanced features to further its ministries. The website includes video of several services, and senior pastor Dr. Mark Hargrove publishes devotions and reflections on his own blog. While the church uses external tools for some of these components, they are all features which can be facilitated within OurChurch.Com's Gold, Silver, and Bronze packages.
OurChurch.Com's Webmaster Newsletter is sent to everyone who has an active website hosted at OurChurch.Com. If you wish to cancel your site, you can do that on your Webmaster page. After canceling your site you will no longer receive OCC Webmaster News.
If you've forgotten about your website address, username, password, etc., you can Request a Report and that information will be emailed to you automatically.
OurChurch.Com, Inc., 1906 Firefern Ct. Suite 107, Trinity, FL 34655, (727) 723-2454
|We will never share your personal information, including your email address, with other parties for any reason.
Copyright (c)2005 by OurChurch.Com. All rights reserved.