|The Apostle Paul spoke of the benefits of being single in 1 Corinthians chapter 7. So, what are the benefits of being single?
1. The unmarried care for the things of the LORD.
2. You as a single have time to spend in a close relationship with Christ, time to pray for yourself and those around you.
3. You have time to pursue spiritual goals and career goals, unhindered by the responsibilities of marriage and family.
4. Time to serve the LORD in your personal sphere [ work, neighborhood, friends, etc]
Were you aware that God commanded Jeremiah to remain single? Jeremiah wrote the book of Jeremiah. God used him in a great way to
reach the people in his life. Life can present difficult times whether we have a mate or not. God will be there to walk with you, what
better companion could you possibly have than God? Jeremiah was known as the weeping prophet, but a prophet nonetheless.
Questions to ask yourself:
1. What spiritual gifts do I have that I could employ for God's kingdom and purposes?
2. What career goals do I have for myself and how could these be used for God's glory in my life?
3. Perhaps reading some good books on being single and what other singles have gone through, would encourage you in your walk
Bible Verses about being Single:
Psalm 113:9 He maketh the barren woman to keep house and to be a joyful mother of children, praise ye the LORD
Isaiah 54:1 Sing O barren thou didst not bear, break forth into singing and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child for more are the children of the desolate
than the children of the married wife saith the LORD. [ cross reference in Galatians 4:27]
Matthew 1912 This verse tells us that some were born to be single, perhpas a disability has made them single, of course if we as
believers understand the sovreignty of God even that is in God's hands, and he incorporates it into his plan for their lives.
We never know how God has used some people that the world might consider not worthy, God considers vessels of honor.
In heaven many that are first shall be last [ they had their glory here on earth] and the last shall be first.
This verse tells us that some have chosen to be single for the kingdom of heaven's sake[ I am not cathollic, but an example of this would
be nuns and priests. There are approximately 40 percent or more of the US poopulation that are single.
Psalms 686a God setteth the solitary in families. They don't have to be family by blood, rather, the family God puts you in could be your
christian friends and your church.