|News & Updates
"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
AN INTRODUCTION TO:
Gospel Lighthouse Prison Evangelism, Inc.
PO BOX 1146
PICKENS, SC 29671-1146 USA
I. WHO ARE WE?
The name of this ministry is Gospel Lighthouse Prison Evangelism, Inc. We are an evangelistic prison ministry that ministers to incarcerated men and women all across the United States of America.
II. WHAT IS OUR PURPOSE?
- Our main purpose is to shine the light of the Gospel behind the dark walls of prison. Therefore, we hold live evangelistic church services inside the State Prisons here in South Carolina. We also mail out free Bibles, tracts, and soul winning material to inmates throughout the nation.
- To further evangelize lost inmates, and to disciple those that receive Christ as their Savior, our ministry operates a Correspondence Bible School called Gospel Lighthouse Bible Institute. Through GLBI we mail out free Bible Lessons to the incarcerated from sea to shining sea! So far we have had incarcerated students from 38 different states, and one foreign country, to enroll in our school and take our courses!
- Our ministers do Pastoral visits for inmates who donít have a family minister.
- Our President, Dr. J.W. Stansell, is certified as a Pastoral Counselor, and has taken several chaplaincy courses. He offers Pastoral Counseling to inmates who desire such.
- We sponsor an annual Victims Advocate Day on the second Saturday of every August. We work with our countyís Rape Crisis Council, a local home for physically and sexually abused children, and local law enforcement.
- We work with children and teens to help keep them off of drugs and alcohol, and out of gangs, as we share the Gospel of Christ with them.
- We help educate the public about the dangers of drugs and other crime in our local communities.
III. WHAT DO WE BELIEVE?
- We believe the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, and infallible Word of God.
- We believe God is one, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ; that He was both man and God. We further believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, and vicarious death and resurrection.
- We believe in the Deity and the active work of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that because of Adamís transgression, all men are born lost sinners.
- We believe in salvation by grace, through faith, in the finished work of Jesus at Calvary. Only the Blood of Jesus can wash away our sins.
- We believe in the eternal security of the believer.
- We believe in the Genesis account of Creation.
- We believe in the pre-tribulation Rapture of the Church, and the pre-millennial Second Coming of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the everlasting bliss of Christians in Heaven, and in the eternal punishment of the wicked in a literal Lake of Fire.
IV. WHO ARE WE RESPONSIBLE TO?
- Of course we answer to God.
- We are legally incorporated under the laws of South Carolina, and are held responsible to our Secretary of State.
- We are a 501( c )3 ministry and submit a report every year to the IRS.
- We allow any of our supporters to attend our monthly Board Meetings and to examine our financial records.
- We have a very capable Board of Directors:
V. OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- PRESIDENT: Dr. J.W. Stansell is an ordained Baptist Minister with 32 years of ministerial experience. He is a member of Graceway Baptist Church in Easley, SC.
- VICE PRESIDENT: Dr. Daniel Stansell is an Ordained Minister with 10 years of ministerial experience. He is a member of Graceway Baptist Church in Easley.
- SECRETARY: Phil Neas is an Ordained Deacon at Riverview Baptist Church in Easley.
- TREASURER: Becky Hunter is an active member of West Greenville Baptist Church.
- PRESBYTER: Dr. Gene Hutchins is an Ordained Minister and the Youth Pastor at Powdersville Community Church.
- SCHOOL DIRECTOR: Maria Hutchins is a childrenís worker at Powdersville Community Church.
- AUXILARY DIRECTOR: Janet Stansell has a singing ministry and is a member of Graceway Baptist Church.
- BOARD MEMBER: Megan Stansell is a member of Graceway Baptist Church.
- BOARD MEMBER: Sheila Neas is a member of Riverview Baptist Church.