How to Setup Google Analytics on Your Website
Today we’re going to look at how to set up Google Analytics on your NE1 website.
Now, you may ask, what does Google Analytics have to do with SEO? Well, it’s not going to actually help you in the search engines directly, but it will give you information. So, you’ll be able to see where are people who are coming to your website, where are they coming from. Where’s this traffic coming from? What keywords that you’re targeting are actually bringing traffic to your website?
You can also set up goals in Google Analytics, so you can see what keywords are producing the results that you want from your website, whether that’s selling products or getting people to contact your organization, whatever it might be. It’s very good to have that information, and that can help you with the optimization that you do for your site.
We’re going to look at how to set that up. It’s actually a pretty easy process.
- As you can see, we are logged into our NE1 Admin.
- We’re going to go ahead and click on the “Config” tab at the top of the Admin. In the Config area, you’re able to set up a lot of the different settings for your website.
- You’ll notice at the top we have these three tabs, and one of them is “Analytics.” We have a box here where we can put the Google Analytics tracking code.
- Now, you will have to set up a Google Analytics account. That’s a separate thing from OurChurch.Com, and for the sake of brevity in this video, we’re not going to go through the whole process of creating an account. But basically you just need to create a Google account and then sign up for Google Analytics.
- When you do that, one of the first pages that they’ll show you is the tracking code page. They want you to get you that tracking code so you can set it up. You may already have a Google Analytics account. If you do, and you log in and you see something like that, what you would do is click on the “Admin” tab up here at the top. And then in these tabs down a little lower, we have “Tracking Info.” So, here you can see, this is the tracking code that we need to put into that box.
- We’ll just select that code, copy it, go back to our website page, and we’ll paste it in there.
- All right, we’ve pasted that code in, and we’ll click “Save changes.” And that’s it. We are set up to start tracking.
Now, it may take a little while for Google Analytics to see it. Sometimes it takes an hour or two for Google Analytics to register that you actually have the code on the site. But we can check, and we see here our Google Analytics ID is there. You’ll notice that all the rest of the code was removed. That’s because NE1 already knows the rest of the code, so all it’s really doing is pulling your ID number to add in.
So, that’s how you get it set up. At this point, you would just be able to go to Google Analytics and view the traffic on your site, set up whatever goals and things like that you want to use.
If you have any questions about SEO or hosting or web design or anything else, or if you’d like us to help with SEO services, please fill out the form below to request a free, no-obligation consultation. Again, I’m Kurt Steinbrueck with OurChurch.Com.
RECIEVE our most watched SEO video's on Traffic!