Choosing an SEO Company
Summary of “Choosing an SEO Company”
Choosing an SEO company can seem overwhelming since there is not a single definition for SEO and no credentialing or certifications for SEO companies. In fact, all anyone needs to do to offer SEO services is to set up a website. So, how do you know which company to hire once you have decided to make the SEO investment? Check out this important video from Mark and Kurt Steinbrueck with OurChurch.Com to find out the six key questions to ask a SEO company before you hire them.
6 Questions to Ask When Choosing an SEO Company:
- What is their Mission? You want to ask if they have a mission or vision statement and, if so, what it is so you can determine if their mission and values line up with yours. Obviously, it won’t be exactly the same as yours, but it’s good if fits well with yours.
- How long have they been doing SEO professionally and how many clients have they served? You want to make sure you’re going with a reputable company who will be with you for the long-term. Since there is not a licensing for SEO companies there’s nothing stopping people who have no experience, whatsoever, from offering SEO services. You will want to make sure that they are a company that has experience in providing results.
- What will they be doing for you? SEO can mean different things to different people. You need to be clear what they will be doing for you, and make sure you get it in writing. That way you always have a copy of what was discussed.
- Do they have client references which are ranking well? Of course, they will probably give you a list of their happiest customers, but once you talk to a previous customer one on one, you can usually get some information that will help you decide if you want to hire the company or not. You can also do some searching for those references’ keywords to see how well they are ranking.
- What are their ethics? You may want to find a more subtle way to ask this, but basically you want to ask if they would do anything that could jeopardize the standing of your site with search engines. Search engines have certain rules and breaking them, known as black hat SEO, can cause search engines to penalize you or maybe even remove you from their search engines.
- Do they have a history or understanding of your type of organization and your niche? For example, if you are a church, you may want to find a Christian SEO company, especially one that specializes is church marketing.
We’d Love Help You Achieve Your Mission
If you are a Christian organization or a Christian who owns a business and would like a Christian SEO company whose mission lines up with yours, please fill out the form below and request a free, no-obligation consultation today!
RECIEVE our most watched SEO video's on Traffic!