Adding Google Website Analytics to Your Site
Summary of “Adding Google Website Analytics to Your Site”
Adding Google website analytics to your site is a fast and free way to track your website statistics. Knowing your website statistics can help you improve your website by giving you information that can show you how to attract more visitors to your site. In this quick tip video from Paul Steinbrueck with OurChurch.Com, Paul will show you in step by step instructions, how easy it is to install Google analytics to your website.
Five Simple Steps to Adding Google Website Analytics to Your Site:
- First you will go to google.com/analytics.
- You’ll need to create a free account, by clicking on the “sign up now” link.
- Once you have an account, Google will give you a special ID code. Google will also create a script for you to use on your website. (It many look intimidating, but don’t worry, you don’t need to understand it.)
- For those coding in html, you will copy and paste the script to your site, just above the body tag on your page. You will also need to replace the little x’s in the script with your special ID code.
- For those using the NE1 Web Builder from OurChurch.Com, adding the Google analytics to your website is even easier. All you need to do is go to the “config” tab, and select analytics. Here you will enter in your special ID code and then save your changes.
Now you are able to track visitors to your site!
Viewing Your Stats:
To get your website statistics, simply visit google.com/analytics and log in. You will be able to view the number of visitors to your site, how many pages they view and lots of other statistics that will help you better understand how people are using your site.
For more information on the NE1 Web Builder or to build a new website be sure to visit OurChurch.Com!