Adding Google Analytics to Your Website
Summary of “Adding Google Analytics to Your Website”
YouTube: Did you know you can add Google analytics to your website for free? Learn how to do it quickly and easily with this quick tip video from OurChurch.Com.
It can be very helpful to know how many people are visiting your website and which pages they are frequenting the most. This can help you to know what content to add and what pages to consider redesigning as well as what keywords to target with your marketing. You can track this visitor information by adding Google Analytics to your site. Adding Google Analytics is easy to do and, best of all, it is free! Learn how to add Google Analytics to your website by watching this helpful quick tip video from OurChurch.Com.
How to Add Google Analytics to Your Website:
- First you need to go to google.com/analytics. If you click on “Sign Up Now”, you can complete the form to register for your free account.
- Once you have done that, Google will give you a special ID code. The code they provide for you can look intimidating, but all you need to do it copy it.
- If you are using HTML, go to edit the HTML code for your website.
- Then copy and paste the Google Analytics tracking just before the close of the head tag.
- You will need to do this for every page of your website. If you have a shared header for all the pages of your site, just put the tracking code in that header file.
If you are using the NE1 web builder from OurChurch.Com, you won’t believe how easy it is to add Google Analytics to your site!
- Follow steps 1 and 2 above.
- Log into your NE1 website and when you go to the “config” tab, you will see there is another tab called “Analytics”.
- When you click on “Analytics”, you can simply paste your special ID number from Google in the box. Note: This is not the entire tracking code, just the ID number, e.g. UA-xxxxx-xxxxx.
Once you save your changes, you can begin tracking your visitor numbers and other important data. To view these statistics, go back to google.com/analytics and log in. You can use this information to better understand and improve your site.
If you are a church, school, business or ministry and are looking for a Christian web hosting company, you really need to consider OurChurch.Com for your web hosting needs. Click the links below to get started building your website today!