Add-On Modules : Comments Module
The far right button at the top of the comments page is the “Configuration” button. This button enables you to set up your preferred options for the comments feature.
- Email Address – The Comments module has a feature which allows you to be notified by email when someone posts a comment. By default, the comments will be sent to the default email address that has been set in the website “Config” section. To send the comments to a different address, enter that address in the “E-mail Address” field. Note: Only one email address can be used at one time. Comments cannot be sent to multiple addresses.
- Disable E-mail Notifications - Checking the “Disable E-mail notifications box” will prevent notification emails from being sent when visitor’s post comments.
- Comments Display Mode - The “Comments Display Mode” dropdown box determines at what point a comment will be available to the public. You can choose to have the comments immediately available by selecting “Display Automatically” or you can choose to have the comments verified by you first by selecting “Display when accepted”. The “Do not display” option is available for accepting comments, but not showing them on the website. So, only the webmaster would see the comments.
- Verification Image - The “Verification Code” field asks the visitor to copy a random set of letters or numbers. This helps insure that the form is filled out legitimately and not by a spammer or automated software. Check the “Verification Image” box to require verification before posting.
- Display Oldest Comments First – By default comments will be displayed in the order they are posted with the newest comments displayed first. Check the “Display oldest comments first” box to reverse the order in which the comments are displayed.
- Display form above comments – By default the Comments Module displays the posted comments above the comments form. You can also reverse the order so that the form is displayed above the posted comments by selecting the “Display form above comments” box.
- Thank You Message - The “Thank you message” box allows you to enter a message that will be emailed to each person making a comment. This is usually a message thanking the person for sharing their comments, but can also include additional information, if you wish. Insert the message you want sent to those posting comments in this box.
Click the “Save changes” button when all information has been entered.
*Tip: If you are concerned about people leaving unwanted comments, select the “Display when accepted” option for the Comments Display Mode. This way you can make sure only acceptable comments will be shown on your website.
*Tip 2: Spam is a big problem these days and one way spammers like to send spam is using software to search the internet looking for forms. The software then fills out the form with the spam message and submits it. Using the “Verification Code” option in the Comments module, prevents spam software from being able to submit their spam through your Comments module comment form. We highly recommend using the verification code option.
* Tip 3: Use the “Thank You Message” option in the Comments Module’s configuration section to send more than just a thank you. This be a great way to inform website visitors of events or other info. For example: “Thank you for sharing you opinion about this week’s event. Be sure to join us on Saturday from 4pm – 7pm for cookout!”
Top of Page Main Help Page Back