Web Design Spotlight: Santa Maria Del Mar Catholic Church
Santa Maria Del Mar Catholic church is located in Flagler Beach, Florida. They are an active community that serves local residents, community, and hundreds of visitors every year. Their mission is to commit themselves to living the Four Pillars of Stewardship . . . Hospitality, Prayer, Formation, and Service as they respond to God’s love with compassion and creativity.
They contacted OurChurch.Com to build a website using the Custom Express Website package.
A few things I want to point out about the design of their site.
1) Content rotator. When you visit the Santa Maria Del Mar website, the first thing that jumps out at you is the content rotator on the homepaege. The bright images and movement get your attention and convey a sense of life and vibrance.
2) User-friendly Admin. The staff and volunteers at SMDMCC have been extremely active in updating their website creating more than 100 pages of useful information for their visitors and parishioners. The WordPress platform makes adding and updating pages very easy and accessible for multiple administators.
3) Organized, sub-menus. With so much content, it’s important that it be well organized and easy to find. Using drop-down sub-menus allows visitors to quickly mouseover each main menu item and see the list of pages available in the sub-menu.
4) Upcoming Events. One of the most important purposes of Santa Maria Del Mar’s website is to keep paritioners informed about upcoming events. Not only does the site include a calendar plugin, but there is also an integrated “Upcoming Events” plugin in the right sidebar which is display on every page of the site. So no matter what page a visitor is on, they can see what’s coming up and can click for more info.
5) Simple Design. With so much content on their site – pages, events and bright images – it’s important that the design of the site not clash with the images or make the site look busy. Going with a very simple design that makes the content stand out.
All of these design elements are contributing to the success of the site and the mission of the church. I hope they help you with the design of your site. And of course, if you’re interested in having our team work with you to develop an effective site, let us know. We’d love to talk with you.
We invite you to visit www.smdmcc.org to see more of the wonderful things Santa Maria Del Mar Catholic Church is doing with their website ministry.
RECIEVE our most-watched Web Design Tips videos!