Best Website Platforms
Summary of “Best Website Platforms”
What is the best platform for having a website? Some key points are necessary to think about when choosing a website platform. It matters as it can save time and money in the long run to know what the needs are of your website, what programs are out there for a website’s use, and how much support is needed to use these programs. In this video Mark, from OurChurch.Com, gives 5 key points to consider when determining the best website platforms.
- Determine what your needs are for your website – Do you need a shopping cart, calendar, flash player, registration forms, etc
- Online software vs Desktop software – Will you have access wherever you go to create your site or a program on just one computer that you only or a few people can edit
- Proprietary software – If it’s a program/software that, should you decide to leave your current host, you can take the whole site with you, then it will save you time and effort
- Ease of use – Search for reviews from previous or current clients on how easy the program is to use
- Support for the platform – There are many programs out there and they each have their own way of operation. It’s important that they have a great support system to help you through learning a program.
In conclusion, to decide what the best platform is for your website needs, you will need to decide what you want to do with your website and then what kind of program best fits your situation. There are a lot of competitors and programs out there, just like each person has a different goal or purpose for their website. As long as you know what you are looking for, the task should be a little easier.
RECIEVE our most-watched Web Design Tips videos!