6 Questions to Ask a Web Development Firm
Summary of “6 Questions to Ask a Web Development Firm”
Hiring the right web development firm is one of the most important decisions for any organization. Getting right means having a site that looks great, meets your needs, and is managed well. Getting it wrong can mean you can’t do what you need to, it an embarrassment, or you find yourself with a broken site and are unable to get help. In this video, we’ll give you 6 questions you can ask potential web development firms to make sure you get the right developer for your needs.
So what are the 6 Questions to ask a Web Development Firm?
- Why are they in business? It’s good to find a company or organization to build your website that has the same ideas and philosophies and goals that your organization does.
- Are than individual or a company? Is this their full time job? Individuals go on vacation, get sick, change jobs, etc. which can cause you to be left with no help when you need it most.
- What website platform do they use and can you move it if necessary? It’s good to know what platform they use and why. You also should think twice about going with someone who uses a proprietary platform which would not be able to be moved.
- Can you show me previous work? Every decent web developer should have a website portfolio so you can see their work. If you don’t like the work in the portfolio, there’s a good chance you won’t like what they do for your site.
- Will you give me web support? If the site breaks down, who will help you? How will they help you? Site’s break down. It happens. You don’t want to be left with no support.
- Can I have some references? It’s always good to speak to other people for whom they have built sites to learn more about who they are and how they operate. Even though they will probably give you their most satisfied customers, you can still learn a lot from talking with them. If the developer can’t give you references, that should be a red flag.
By asking these six simple questions you can learn a lot about the developer and you’ll be in a much better situation to make the decision of whether they are the right fit for your organization.
RECIEVE our most-watched Web Design Tips videos!