5 Things To know Before You Hire a Web Developer
Summary of “5 Things To know Before You Hire a Web Developer”
Hiring a web developer to design your website is a major decision that has a big impact on the future success of your business. Before you take that big leap forward, you should know some key concepts and ask yourself some important questions. In this video, Mark Steinbrueck of OurChurch.com discusses the 5 things you should know before hiring a web developer.
The 5 questions that you should ask yourself are:
- Do I need a web team? When making decisions, it’s best to get fresh perspectives and different opinions before taking action. Having a web team will provide that. Another advantage of having web teams is that it allows you to spread out the work between different people. The next benefit Mark mentions is that it gives you a backup plan in case one of your employees is out of town, falls sick, etc. The last advantage Mark mentions is the need for web teams to have authority and delegation without referring to a superior or manager.
- What’s the purpose of my website? Will it be made for internal (managers, employees, suppliers) or external (customers, stakeholders) purposes or both? Mark mentions how most organizations’ websites are designed with both purposes in mind. Another question to ask is what function will your website fulfil? Will it be for direct buying and order processing? Or just for information and contact purposes?
- Can my website be used as a form of marketing? You should treat your website(s) as important marketing mediums and investments that can generate future revenues (in the form of direct purchases, site visits or calls to your company). You should avoid viewing your websites as expenses and resource-draining activities.
- Not all websites are equal. Websites will feature different content. Even when websites can have a similar appearance, they can differ in other areas like how easy it is to update and whether it has certain functionality, such as shopping carts or photo galleries. Also, will it have a standard template design or will it be customized to your organization with its layout and other visible elements within the content of the website.
- How can I measure the effectiveness of my website? You should develop plans and put systems in place that can track your website’s sales, visits, and overall effectiveness. This will make it easier to measure the value being added your company and how effectively your site is operating.
Once you’ve answered these 5 things to know before hiring a web developer, you will be better equipped to hire someone to create your website. By asking these important questions now, you will have a better idea of what you need for your website when you are speaking with a web developer so that you can be sure you have everything you need for your website.
RECIEVE our most-watched Web Design Tips videos!
Watch them TODAY free!